Monday, August 12, 2013

Part 6 - Weekly review 5-12 august

Another review, but a day late because I've been busy watching The International 3. But anyway, last week's goal

Last goal + how did it went

Begin working on proper a enemy spawn system
Long story short, I was able to get the theoretical part of this done. Now, what I have left to do is to test it and fix it.

Goal for the week

  • Finish the spawn system
  • Begin working on a class for "the target" of the enemies

 How does the spawn system look like?

With some help of MS Paint, here is the idea of how the enemy spawn system will work in my game











In the image above, Enemy A is worth one point, Enemy B three points and Enemy C two points. What I would do here is that I would randomize a number between 0 and 6, and spawn the proper enemy into the track in my game. Assuming that the random number generator doesn't suck, Enemy B should spawn half of the time, Enemy C two sixths (or one third) of the time, and Enemy A one sixth of the time in theory. Now since it is random, it could very well not be like this, but in the long run, this is how the distribution of enemies should look like.

But does it have to be numbers in the range of 0-6, couldn't it be in the range off 0-0.6 or 0-6000000 as well? Absolutely, the only thing that is relevant is how big each enemies value are in relation to each other. Even if I would multiply all values above by 100000, the distribution of enemies is the same (once again, as long as the random number generator doesn't suck), because how big each part is in relation to each other is the same.

And that's it for this week. I'm hoping to have more to show of the game soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment