Last Week's Goals
Make it so that something is rendered on the screenThis was something that I was able to achieve, but not a big challenge as I've done this several times before in SFML
Make it so that enemies travels down the track properly
After some frustration and a bit of ugly hacking I was able to make this work to 99%. The thing that's missing is what to do when the enemies has reached the end of the track, but I'm gonna fix that later.
Make Boost 1.54, which will be released next week, work properly within the game.
So far, Boost 1.54 seems to be working properly for me, nothing has changed for the worse as far as I've noticed. And even though I'm not using any libraries that requires compiled .lib-files, I managed to compile those as well without any problems.
And here is a screenshot of how the game currently looks like
How did everything went?
At this point, I have to say slower than I expected it to go? Why you might ask? The reasons for this spells Technology. After updating my Nvidia Graphic Card's driver to the latest version, it would not only freeze Visual Studio, but also the entire Windows 7 as well (For various reasons, I'm not upgrading until I get a new computer). This made me frustrated and I know that solving problems frustrated is not a good thing.As a result of this, unsaved files when Windows 7 froze got corrupted, but luckily I hadn't written to much and they could be restored via Dropbox. And at one time, the project file in Visual Studio got corrupt, so I had to re-setup the project. It wasn't the source files, those were safe, however setting up a new project will all the right settings took some time.
Next Week's goal
For the next week, the goals is:- Improve the back-end structure of the code
- Begin looking at collision between projectiles and enemies.

No comments:
Post a Comment